1/2 cup salted butter
1/4 cup sugar
2 egg yolks
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 can red bean paste or 1 cup jam
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter, sugar
and 1 egg yolk. Stir until creamy and combine completely.
2. Add the flour and mix thoroughly. Form the dough
into one large ball and wrap it in aluminum foil. Put this in the
refrigerator for 30 minutes.
3. Unwrap the chilled dough and, with clean hands,
form small ballls in the palms of your hand. These are the moon
4. Make a hole with your thumb gently in the center of
each mooncake and fill with about half a teaspoon of your favorite jam or
red bean paste.
5. Brush each cake with the other beaten egg
6. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Bake the mooncakes
for about 20 minutes or just until the outside edges are slightly brown.
Makes about 24 moon cakes.
Click Here To Go Back To The Good
Luck Dumplings Recipe!